Parents' Association - Information
Our purpose is to promote involvement of parents, caregivers and whanau in the school, by:
- providing an additional communication link between parents/caregivers and families and the wider school community,
- supporting parents/caregivers involvement with and understanding of the school and their son(s) experience at the school,
- contributing to the social, cultural and environmental well-being of the school community.
As a parent, there are many ways you can help the Association to achieve these goals and often the rewards from such activities far outweigh the small amount of time involved. Helping the Parents' Association does not necessarily involve attending monthly meetings (although you are most welcome of course) or trying to deliver an activity on your own. Everyone has their own unique skills and by working together it is amazing how much can be achieved.
KEY CONTACTS AND EVENT CO-ORDINATORS:
Please click here to learn about who we are our activies.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
Participation with the Association is one of the few non-financial ways to provide an on-going benefit to the school, directly enhance the lives and experience of many pupils, and deliver a valued service to the other parents. It is extremely rewarding to know you have played a part in enriching the lives and memories of the students, parents and staff with some activities which can be remembered for a life-time. You get a chance to meet new people, share new experiences and be appreciated by others who recognise your unique skills and contribution.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- If you would like to join the Parents' Association Committee, please contact us on the email address at the bottom of this page or come along to our next meeting. (To see our meeting minutes and date of next meeting – click here) Don’t feel daunted if you have never attended committee meetings before, they are very informal, friendly and supportive. There is no pressure to take on any work that you are not comfortable to do.
- If you don’t want to join the committee, but would like to help out in other ways, we are always seeking helpers for the various activities that we run. If you could let us know your contact details and what type of activity you would be willing to help with, we will add you to our database and contact you when an appropriate activity arises. And if you can’t help at that time, no problem at all, there’s always next time.
- We are always on the look-out for guest speakers. If you are someone, or you know of someone, who could be an inspirational speaker at a school function or guest speaker evening for other parents and caregivers, we would like to hear from you.
- If your son is leaving school, or has outgrown some things, and you have some items of uniform in good condition that could be donated for use by other boys at the school, please drop them at the front office.
- We are always looking for ways to improve the information on the website. These pages are intended to provide parents with information and news that is not always available from other sources. If you have any suggestions of things that could be added or changed, please let us know. Any enhancement will benefit the entire HBHS parent community.
Please feel free to contact us at any time: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a copy of the Parents Association Charter – please click here