Update regarding Sport, Extra Curricular activities and Trips at HBHS
Out of concern for our school community’s health amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, all sports fixtures against other schools or clubs for all our HBHS school teams are currently suspended until the situation is reviewed.
Non-contact training sessions may continue unless directed otherwise by the relevant National Sports Organisation.
It is imperative that the following practices are explained to all sportsmen and adhered to:
- If players are sick, they don’t come to school or training
- All aspects of a training session are non-contact
- Physical contact like shaking hands and high fiving should be avoided. Greet teammates and opponents with ankle and elbow bumps, or an East Coast wave instead
- All players should use their own named drink bottle. Irrespective of COVID-19, water bottles shouldn’t be shared.
- Players should wash their hands before and after training thoroughly with soap for 20 seconds
- Following the Hockey NZ directive, all Hockey games and training have been postponed
For all further Sport enquiries, please contact Mr Murray McKenzie email@example.com
Further information regarding Trips and Events
- The Westlake BHS Exchange diaried for April 7 has been cancelled
- All EOTC Trips out of school will be reviewed case by case
- All Parent/Teacher evenings have been postponed
- All assemblies have been cancelled until further notice
- The school haka competition has been postponed
- Year 12 Geography Field Trip (April 3) has been postponed
- Year 11 Geography Field Trip (April 29 & 30) has been postponed
- Super 8 Cultural exchange (22 and 23 May) has been cancelled
- Waikato Barbershop has been cancelled
- Opera in schools has been cancelled
- Waikato Debating - HBHS not participating
- Samoa Music Tour has been postponed
- Combined Orchestra - TBC
- National Secondary Schools Kapa Haka - TBC
- School Production - TBC
We understand this situation is extremely disappointing but these difficult decisions have been made to help prevent the community spread of COVID-19.
Thank you for your support and we will keep you updated as things change.
Please find attached a poster on hygiene that will be going up in all classrooms.
HBHS Senior Management