Thank you for your interest in enrolling your son at Hamilton Boys' High School.
Please note, Argyle House enrolments opened on Thursday 7th March 2019.
All Argyle House enrolment enquiries can be directed to Katrina McLaughlin firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrol as a Day Student
Address: Peachgrove Road, Hamilton East
Enrol in Argyle House
Please note that admission to Argyle House automatically gives enrolment to Hamilton Boys' High School, however should your application be unsuccessful and you still wish to enrol at Hamilton Boys' High School Day Student place you need to advise us at the school to have the Argyle Enrolment Form transferred to be a Day Application.
Address: 34 Argyle Street, Hamilton East
We look forward to welcoming you to the Hamilton Boys’ High School Information Evening on Monday 24 June from 6.00pm and Open Day for parents and boys on Tuesday 6 August. Open Day tours will take place at 9:30am, 11:30am and 1:30pm.
If you would like to visit us at any time prior to or after this meeting, we would love to talk to you and show you around our very special school.
For tours and information please contact:
Hostel applications for Year 9 in 2020 have now closed.
Yr 9 Notification by Friday 24 May 2019
Yr 10-13 Enrolments Close Monday 16 September 2019
Argyle House offers:
- Modern comfortable accommodation for 170 Year 9 to Year 13 boys.
- Seven Masters (ALL teaching at HBHS), four Assistant Masters. One week day Matron residing on-site; one weekend Matron residing off-site.
- Three Masters each evening to supervise Prep.
- Year 12 and some Year 13 boys are accommodated in motel-unit-type accommodation with their own ensuite and attached Prep. facilities. Single room self-contained accommodation at the Grove adjacent to the school for 27 Year 13 students.
- Years 11, 10 and 9 boys are accommodated in the Dorm Block with each dormitory divided into cubicles.
- Head Chef and catering assistants to provide nutritious and varied meals.
- WiFi access to internet under BYOD policy. Desktop computer facilities available in the junior prep room linked through school network. Chrome Books provided for senior prep in the Dining Room.
- Tutoring assistance.
- Large Common rooms with excellent recreational facilities
- 20 hectares of school grounds for additional recreational games and activities.
Argyle House has vacancies for 2020 and beyond for all Year levels.
Enquiries to Mr Murray McKenzie (Head of Boarding) email@example.com
Students who live within the zone described below shall be entitled to enrol at Hamilton Boys' High School. See below for out of zone enrolments.
The geographical outer boundaries of the Hamilton Boys' High School in-zone area:
Boundary Road, Fifth Avenue to the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Tramway Road, a line from the Tramway Road to Bisley Road and the the Knighton Road, Ruakura Road intersection, then down Knighton Road and Clyde Street to Grey Street, along Grey street to Cobham Drive, along Cobham Drive to the Waikato River, along the Waikato River to Selwyn Street, along Selwyn Street and Lake Crescent, through Innes Common to Killarney Road as far as Queen's Avenue, along Queen's Avenue and Lake Road to the Commerce Street Corner, then Mill Street to Boundary Road.
Note: Both sides of all streets and roads included in the above description are included unless otherwise stated.
To see an interactive map of the school zone click here and type 'Hamilton Boys' High School' in the Facility Name textbox and click 'Show/Hide Enrolment Zone'.
Proof of residence within the home zone will be required. This evidence should take the form of a rental or sale and purchase agreement plus two utility bills (i.e power, telecom, gas).
Out of Zone
Out of zone applications for enrolment will be prioritised in the following order:
In Zone: Living within the Home Zone.
Priority 2: Brother of current student.
Priority 3: Brother of previous student.
Priority 4: Son of previous student.
Priority 5: Son of an employee or board member.
Priority 6: Living outside the Home Zone.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by ballot conducted in accordance with the instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989.