Alert Level 2 Protocols
As you know, we move to Covid-19 Alert Level 2 at noon today. Thus, we remind you of the following Hamilton Boys’ High School regulations and protocols, in accordance with this move. Our continuing goal is to ensure that Hamilton Boys’ High School remains a safe environment for students and staff, in accordance with Ministry of Education guidelines (https://www.education.govt.nz/covid-19/)
The key considerations for our school are:
- People with COVID-19 symptoms or who are sick, stay away from Hamilton Boys’ High School
- Physical distancing is maintained, where possible (this means students and staff maintaining a physical distance so that they are not breathing on or touching each other)
- Good hygiene practices are a priority
To ensure this takes place:
- Students are to bring their own hand sanitiser and tissues, if possible
- Students may bring their own protective mask if they wish to
- It is important that students are fully prepared for each lesson, as the sharing of equipment is not an option during this time.
- Any student displaying symptoms of illness should not be sent to school. If students display any symptoms at Tutor Group time, they will be sent to the Deans secretary, who will contact parents/caregivers. Parents/caregivers must then collect their sons from the seats outside the Student Services Centre on Argyle Street.
- Where practicable, students must maintain a routine, in which they regularly wash and dry hands with soap, cough and sneeze into their elbow, and try to avoid touching their face.
- Drop off and pick up of students must occur outside of the school grounds.
We will continue to update you over the rest of this week, as events unfold. However, in accordance with Alert Level 2 protocols, we remain fully open, and will do everything possible to ensure a safe environment for both staff and students.
Our priority remains in also ensuring that normal, focused teaching and learning routines apply, so that we continue to maximise the highest levels of achievement for all our students.
Ngaa mihi nui,