HBHS Parents' Association (PA)
Promoting the involvement of parents in the school
Hamilton Boys’ High School’s Parents Association (PA) is all about getting parents and caregivers involved in school life through helping organise various events in the year. We are not primarily a fundraising body; more a group interested in being of service to the school.
At the start of the year, the PA will also supply families with a handy pocket calendar of school events.
The PA holds its AGM on the 18th February (in the HBHS Staff Room) and new faces are welcome to come along. We’d love to hear from anyone interested in learning more about the events and projects we’re involved in.
The events we help organise or host include:
- New Year Nine parents evening from 6pm – 8pm on the 10th Feb, 2020
- Father/son breakfast with a guest speaker from 6.30am – 8.30am on the 24th March, 2020
- A Staff Morning Tea in Term Three
- Hosting Open Day
- The formal Year 13 Leavers Dinner with a guest speaker in Term Four.
Other projects include:
- Working with the school to restore our gully area, which is used by students for Science and PE. This will include applying for grants in the coming years.
- Looking to promote other guest speaker evenings on topics relating to teenage boys.
- Sales of Entertainment voucher books to the school community.