Our mission statement:
We will provide our students with an academic education which will enable them to become life-long, successful learners, and which will prepare them for the challenges of an ever-changing world with confidence, compassion and integrity, and in partnership with parents and the community. We will provide an environment in which each student recognises and respects the values of our crest; excellence, service and strength.
International feepaying students are warmly welcomed into our school community. Our experienced International Team and English Language Learning teaching staff are committed to the care and well-being of this special group of young men, and to ensuring that each international student has the opportunity and support to realise their academic and co-curricular aspirations.
Like us on Facebook!
International Student Prospectus
- NCEA qualifications Levels 1-3
- NCEA Scholarship Examinations
- Cambridge Examination – IGCSE and AS
In addition to the core academic programmes, Hamilton Boys’ High School offers a range of specialised support programmes for our International students to ensure that they have every opportunity to go on to tertiary study and meet their future career plans:
- ELL (English Language Learning) classes taught at all levels by qualified and experienced teachers. Students in these classes study towards NCEA and IELTS qualifications
- Foundation English classes at the junior and senior level for beginner speakers of English
- Dedicated Year 11 ELL Level 1 Science class
- Free extra tuition for core subjects